Friday 11 September 2015

My AW 15 Must Haves

As much as I hate to admit it, Autumn is fast approaching, which means that our summer (if you can call it that) is coming to an end.

I've been online shopping for some cosy knits, some leather and some boots to ease into the transition. 

Here's some of the best items I've found - think of this list as a survival guide for AW.

Starting off with the essentials, I've found my favourite colour of the season, camel, combined with my favourite coat, an omoversized boyfriend. I've seen this style of coat out and about, and I am in love. This is the perfect coat, it can transform a pair of skinnies and a blouse into a classy outfit, and then you can throw it over your favourite dress a la Cara Delevingne



My favourite high street style was this one, from Missguided for £70.



Next is a simple style of bag that I do favour most seasons, a small cross body bag. I love this style for so many reasons: you can wear it across you, on your shoulder or even tuck the straps in and use it as a clutch, and it's small enough that it doesn't annoy you on your shopping trip! You can pack in the essentials, and still look amazing. My favourite this season is a classic black option, like this one from Coach at £130.


The best thing you can invest in is a good leather jacket. You can wear them hear after year after year, and they seem to look better with age, unless they rip, like mine did today (argh)!

Luckily I have found the fashion equivalent of the holy grail in this amazing jacket from French Connection for £110. It's got a great texture, it's faux leather and it's perfect. It's quite modern with the texture, but it's simple enough that I can promise you it will still look like new season next year.


Obviously there has to be a skirt in this list, since what's autumn without searching frantically for some unwripped tights before work? I've been really into the boucle vibe this season, it channels your inner Chanel, whilst adding to the monochrome style we all love so much. 

I've searched high and low for one that's equal parts school girl and street wear, and managed to hunt down this one, at £30 from River Island.


Now onto shoes - I love a good pair of boots in the winter, but I'm loving these open toe and heel style boots, because I'm just not ready to accept that we have lost toes out weather quite yet.

Have a look at these from Daisy Street at £27.99


You've also got to have a splash of khaki in your AW wardrobe this year, I'd suggest investing in some pant and a top - minimum.

I've found these utility trousers at ASOS for £30. Classic and practical. You can wear these with all black to create an office look, and then pair with a white top for an evening look.

 

And as for a top, I'd recommend a new season style, such as the open wrap blouse, or a split side top, like this one from Stitch & Pieces for £26. I love the ribbed material, and the high neck, it just makes it feel that much more cosy and suitable for the anticipated weather.


What to carry forwards from your last season wardrobe:

A pair of barely there heels in a neutral colour, such as black white, grey or nude.

Your floppy hat, be it grey, black or camel, whilst there's still a glimmer of sun in the sky, keep your hat on for ultimate sass.

Your ripped denim. Keep it. Wear it. Love it. It's here to stay.

If you want any more information on these items, let me know and I'll do my best to help you!

Enjoy!

Ps - these pictures are NOT mine, and were sourced from various websites, with the brand credited with each image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comment in this box, and I'll get back to you ASAP!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *